Here we will learn to understand questions and answers regarding setting up a meeting by phone and in person.
Upon successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Give the English equivalent for any Chinese sentence in the lessons.
- Say any Chinese sentence in the lessons when cued with its English equivalent.
- Make and respond to introductions with appropriate polite questions and answers.
- Make phone calls and leave messages.
- Arrange a meeting (time and place) with someone by talking with him or his secretary either in person or by phone.
- Request that the time of a meeting be changed.
- Invite a person to lunch, deciding on the time and the restaurant.
- Arrange a social gathering for a specific time of day, inviting guests to his home and encouraging them to accept the invitation.
- Greet guests upon their arrival at your home.
- Accept/decline a social/business invitation with the appropriate degree of politeness.